Friday 3 December 2010

One month to go

I know it's technically December 3rd, but I meant to write this two days ago - so after 11 months of a life dominated by fictional works, let's just pretend...

Regular readers may have noticed that the blogs have dried up of late, the result of a combination of an excruciating work schedule and my computer going kaput. It's a technical term. Even this posting isn't going to have a nice accompanying photo because it's too much hassle on the computer I'm now using.

However, the one thing that hasn't suffered is my reading. And although my yearly total alongside apparently remains rigidly stuck on 82 - falling a fair way short of my nemesis, the Friend of the Wench - he may be somewhat disconcerted to learn I may not be quite so far behind as he thinks.

So, coming up over the next few days as I play catch-up, are reviews of the following:

The Wire Re-up, edited by Steve Busfield and Paul Owen (Guardian Books)

What the Dog Saw, by Malcolm Gladwell (Penguin Books)

Magnificent Bastards, by Rich Hall (Abacus)

The Heart of a Goof, by PG Wodehouse (Everyman's Library)

Sharpe's Company, by Bernard Cornwall (Harper Collins)

No and Me, by Delphine De Vigan (Bloomsbury)

Breathing Lessons, by Anne Tyler (Vintage)

So, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment