Saturday 8 May 2010

One fine day

It seems I'm still being cursed by the New York Trilogy. Not only did the collection of short stories severely hamper my efforts to complete this challenge, it's now cost me cold, hard cash as well.

Confused? So was I when I returned some books to the library the other day, only to be told I still had one outstanding. Which one? I think you know the answer...

Some other random thoughts.

I've been thinking a lot about Robert Harris over the past few days. Not only has the film adaptation of Ghost recently been released to widespread critical acclaim, but I was reminded of Fatherland when I watched the film Good. Except Good was, well, really good.

Just to keep you abreast of events, the next review will be of Monica Ali's In the Kitchen, I'm currently reading yet another Charlie Brooker compilation (he's just been slagging off Simon Cowell), and on the reading list for future weeks are the following:

  • How to Paint a Dead Man, by Sarah Hall

  • Juliet, Naked, by Nick Hornby

  • Penguins Stopped Play, by Harry Thompson

  • The Best After-dinner Sports Tales, compiled by Will Chignell

  • Tokyo Year Zero, by David Peace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment